Succession Planning is a strategy of workforce planning. It is a process designed to ensure the organization recruits and develops new hires and in-house staff to fill each key role within the organization. Its goal is similar to workforce planning – having “the right people in the right positions at the right time.” The focus of succession planning, however, is on leadership and other positions critical to the mission of the organization at all levels.
The participants will be able to:
- Develop a model that aligns Succession Planning to broader HR processes and the organization strategic plan
- Ensure that the model is utilized to identify, plan, and manage the organization talent pool
- Ensure the availability of talent from all job levels within the organization
- Leverage technology to enable pro-active talent management and support of organization development processes
- Promote development and transfer of skills within the organization to ensure business continuity
- Develop evaluation and monitoring systems to determine business impact