This training outlines both Motivational Interviewing (MI) and behavior change skills while addressing additional common motivational issues and strategies. The YRM Consulting Group will take participants through a range of issues, strategies and tips designed to improve your motivational strategies for your client group. This evidence-based training will address the following:
- Practical ideas developed from Motivational Interviewing (MI), environmental psychology and learning theory.
- Effective evidence-based strategies for all practitioners - whether working in long-term therapeutic relationships or with brief 5-minute contacts.
- Motivating clients with disdain/disregard for service providers.
- Learning how doing LESS can motivate your clients MORE.
- Preventing and managing resistance more effectively.
- Strategizing effective goal-setting and feedback as motivating factors.